Water damaged & moldy Kitchen or Bathroom Cabinets

A small moldy patch on a particle board cabinet base (below-left, less than 1 sq.ft.) is unlikely to be a significant health hazard in a building, though it could bother someone with sensitive mold allergies or who is asthmatic. There may be more hidden mold below the cabinet base. At below right we not in the same cabinet that the mice don’t seem disturbed by water, leaks, and mold – though their droppings make the cabinet unsanitary for food storage.

Below we illustrate another minor mold contamination case, due to water